Monday, April 23, 2012

Revisions and Speed Painting

Woah, blogger changed the edit layout. Trippy. here are some new things I've been working on.

Continuing to revise my formations piece, messing around with colors and value:



Making some adjustments to another of my previous paintings, still a work in progress:


And here is the process for a new painting I did today:

^ ~2 hour speed painting.

^Refining and integrating the form/ environment.

^Adjusting light/ color. I will come back to it, it still needs a little something I think.

Then I decided to do a technical line drawing of the structure for clarity:
I was told at a portfolio review at GDC that doing line drawings for complex paintings was a good idea since it helps the modelers. It makes sense to me. I should do a back view, but I'm out of gas for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment