Monday, April 2, 2012

Some stuff

As ever, things have been busy and crazy. Lots to do this week, but here are a few things I've been working on.




^ More thumbnails for an environment painting I must do this week. I've been trying out different thumbnailing styles. Some are repeats from before. The ones on paper I did after we all got kicked out of the computer lab because it was over capacity. We only had a mechanical pencil, a couple of dying markers and a pen between us. I'm so used to computers I forget to come prepared!

^Working on some ships. I am trying to get looser and was thinking over spring break I'd make a project of designing some of my own brushes to help me with this. I think using only a limited number of brush types may be contributing to some of my problems.


^Some 2-3 minute futuristic tram car thumbnails.

^Continuing to work on grandpa robot legs for a class. I am trying a new style which I think is helping. I think maybe I need to find a way to marry my strengths with my painting practice to create a style that is a middle ground and adaptable for a variety of projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment