Monday, March 12, 2012

Crazy town catch up week(end)

So I missed all my classes last week to go to GDC. Which meant that Friday night I had to immediately start cranking into my homework to start making up for lost time. I have Monday/ Tuesday classes, so after picking up my homework assignments I didn't have a lot of time to get things done, but I did my best to kick it into overdrive and get some stuff done.

First, a fun drawing. about 1.5 hours total part paintover part imagination:


I'm going to keep continuing to do 3-5 of these a week. But not 25 a week like last time. That was insanity. That's only for SPECIAL weeks.

My props homework is due today. We need 3 props, large medium and small. The props are our own ideas and they need to be used together to solve an in game puzzle. It was sort of rushed, but I did my best to get something together for class today:



The top one is my large prop. I decided to do a reactor that powers a space elevator. The reactor goes offline and the PC needs to reconnect the lines and inject a reagent to restart it. The second image contains a nicer detail of the reactor console and on the upper right is the prop used to reconnect the lines. On the bottom is the volatile reagent transport container. It works sort of like a french press (I've been drinking a lot of coffee this weekend). A friend mentioned the arrows are confusing and make it look like the transport container and line connection bracket prop are related, so I'll probably just take them out. I think it's pretty obvious that thing is pulling up and down.

Here are all the thumbnails:



Tuesday I have to do a 3 point turn of the character I've been working on so it's the TRIUMPHANT RETURN OF GRANDPA ROBOT LEGS! It's not due until Tuesday though, so I have a little while left to purdy him up.


I hate the T-pose. I always have to check the arm length 27 times because it makes him look like he has gorilla arms.

1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful artist, and your breakdowns are so helpful! I appreciate your talents so much! Looking forward to seeing more!

    I'm an MFA student at aAU as well, hopefully we'll meet one day!

    ReplyDelete