Sunday, January 20, 2013

New painting, comic

I've been trying to make more time for personal paintings within the eye of the hurricane that is my working life. I'm making a push on architecture, so here's an afternoon painting of a mall:

This is a mall I might actually want to go to
I've been doing a lot of medieval fantasy stuff lately, it feels good to go back to some sci-fi inspired stuff. I also went with sort of 70's coloring, which I haven't seen a lot of in modern sci-fi stuff.

I used to do a 5 days a week comic at my old alma mater, the University of Wisconsin's Badger Herald. Even though I've long since graduated, I still do comics for them from time to time, usually about games or game news. Here's one I did recently about my thoughts on industry layoffs:


Laughter is the best medicine! Right? Am I right? ...Guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment